Transportation & Environmental Planning
The Southern Georgia Regional Commission Transportation Department carries out various short- and long-range transportation planning activities throughout the region including planning for roads, bridges, bicycles, sidewalks, and public transportation. The Transportation Department also provides more than 400 daily transportation trips for clients of various human service providers.
If You Need A Ride
• Medicaid beneficiaries- call LogistiCare at 1-888-224-7985
• Clients of the Division of Family and Child Services - call your local office
• Believe you qualify for Area Agency on Aging services - call 1-888-732-4464
• Would like to schedule a trip on Public Transportation - call your local provider
• Have questions regarding transportation - call the SGRC at 229-333-5277
• SGRC/VLMPO Valdosta Urbanized Area Transit Implementation Final Report
Changes in weather conditions may impact the safe transportation of clients with the Department of Human Services Coordinated Transportation Program. In the event of inclement weather when public schools are in session, cancellations of transportation services will be consistent with school closings. If the Governor declares a State of Emergency, cancellations of transportation services will be consistent with the areas included in the declaration. Please be sure to follow the SGRC’s Facebook page for updated information on site closures and transportation cancellations.