Workforce Development Planning Resources
SGRC administers the program on behalf of local elected officials and the Southern Georgia Workforce Development Board, which is a private sector-led board that provides a regional base of leadership for workforce, education and economic development solutions.
These boards reach out to communities in the region to form partnerships that leverage resources and expertise in:
· Job Search Assistance
· Career Counseling with Certified Career Advisors
· Rapid Response Teams for Plant Closings
· Retraining & Outplacement Services for Dislocated Workers
· Support for Increasing Southern Georgia's Healthcare Workforce
· Financial Assistance with Costs Associated with Occupational Skills Training in   High-Demand, Growth Jobs Youth Job Training Programs
· Labor Market Information
· Youth Work Experience
· Comprehensive One-stop Centers in Valdosta, GA.
· Affiliate One-Stop Centers in Douglas, Tifton and Waycross, GA.
If you are interested in applying for WIOA Financial Assistance please contact one of our Provider Locations listed below:
Assistance with attending technical schools, universities or private training providers:
Southern Regional Technical College
Moultrie Campus (229) 217-4166
Tifton Campus (229) 391-2620
Wiregrass Georgia Technical College
Valdosta Campus (229) 333-2100
Sparks Campus (229) 549-7830
Fitzgerald Campus (229) 468-2000
Douglas Campus (229) 389-4303
E.T.C. Schools, Inc. (provides assistance for all other technical schools, universities and private training providers)
Waycross Office (912) 262-4430
Assistance with GED/Adult Education Services:
E.T.C. Schools, Inc. at (912) 262-4430
GED/Adult Education services at Coastal Pines Technical College and Wiregrass Georgia Technical College (Coffee and Ben Hill)
Eckerd Connects Paxen at 229) 245-2490
GED/Adult Education services at Eckerd Connects Paxen, Southern Regional Technical College (Tifton) or Wiregrass Georgia Technical College (Valdosta)
"Equal opportunity employer/program"
"Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities"
TDD/TTY: (800) 255-0056 or Voice: (800) 255-0135 Southern Georgia RC Workforce Development: (912) 285-6097
Contact us by phone:
Southern Georgia RC Workforce Development: (912) 285-6097